First, you must have both a checking and a savings account or money market account with Citibank. Once you have both, you’re ready to proceed with the following steps:
1. Set up their AutoSave service. It’s a free service that helps you save even without thinking or doing anything. It sets up recurring transfers from your checking account to your savings or money market account.
2. In order to set up the AutoSave service, click on “Transfers”
3. Select “Set Up A Recurring Transfer”
4. Choose the accounts you want to transfer money to and from
5. Choose the duration and frequency of the transfers. At any time, you have the capacity to change the duration and how much you plan to save, including the frequency of transfers)
6. Now that you have your AutoSave feature turned on, transfer at least $25 to your savings account or money market account in order to be granted one raffle ticket.
It’s that simple! Not only can you automatically save up, but you can also get the chance to win $10,000 without doing much.
Now, if you’re not a CitiBank customer and you already have a savings and checking account in another bank, guess what, you’re still eligible to join. Apparently, CitiBank has included non Citibank customers in their fine print.
Eligible participants (18 years old and above, and a citizen of one of the 50 states), may enter without becoming a Citibank customer or using the Autosave feature by sending in their entries via mail. Hand print your complete full name, complete address, phone number, email address, and date of birth on a 3″ by 5″ envelope and mail it to Citibank. Be sure to include a postage stamp with that. One mail is one entry.
This promotion started last July 1, 2011 and will end on September 9, 2011. If this seems fairly easy to do, go right ahead and do it. Without even thinking about saving, you could already start planning what to do when your $10,000 arrives.