There have not been many changes to the top CD Rates in the past few months. Most banks have either lowered their short-term and long-term rates or stayed steady. Nothing has changed which can either mean one of two things. The US economy is holding steady or banks have mixed emotions on what will happen next. The Fed has stated they will step in and ‘do something’ if the US economy begins to falter. As long as the Fed keeps interest rates near zero percent, CD rates and mortgage rates will continue at their low levels.
The only certificate of deposit that has moved the most in the past few weeks is the 2 year CD.
Here are the best CDs currently available to resident’s nationwide:
- 3 Month CD – 1.35% APY at iGobanking with a minimum deposit of $500.
- 6 Month CD – 1.25% APY at NewDominion Bank with a minimum deposit of $3,000.
- 12 Month CD – 1.55% APY at Sallie Mae Bank with no minimum deposit.
- 24 Month CD – 1.95% APY at NewDominion Bank with a minimum deposit of $3,000.
- 36 Month CD – 2.50% APY at Danversbank with a minimum deposit of $500.
- 60 Month CD – 3.03% APY at Melrose Credit Union with a minimum deposit of $5,000.
The credit union listed in our leadership board is open to anyone in the U.S. regardless of where they live or work.
Be sure to check our CD rates page for the most up to date rates.