Aside from saving and budgeting, managing your finances well also means investing it in the right place. It’s not easy to find the right investment vehicles and most of us are faced with uncertainty when it comes to investing money.
As we all know, Leonardo Da Vinci has been one of the most innovative minds since the beginning of time. And looking back at his life and principles, perhaps we could all learn a thing or two with investing and managing our money. Michael J. Gelb, author of the New York Times best seller How To Think Like Leonardo da Vinci: Seven Steps To Genius Every Day, he notes seven things that will have us thinking like Da Vinci.
1. Curiosita – The best investors are always on a quest for knowledge and improvement. This allows them to question every aspect of a business, company, or investment opportunity, allowing them to learn and spot flaws in the system.
2. Dimostrazione – Learning from experience or independent thinking gets investors to the next level. Most people tend to follow what others are doing, and what others are investing in. Following the herd means less for the taking, while being a pioneer almost always results to wealth.
3. Sensazione – Sharpening the senses and having an eye for detail allows investors to see what’s going on around them. Investors need to be updated on what’s happening in the environment to keep ahead of the game.
4. Sfumato – Change is the only constant thing in the world, and investors need to maintain composure in the face of uncertainty. It’s easy to be caught up in a certain system once it’s successful, but to be a competent investor, you must be aware of necessary changes that must be done.
5. Arte/Scienza – They say the left-brain is responsible for numbers, figures, charts and graphs while the right-brain is for feelings and creativity. Using both sides of the brain is key to harnessing balance in analyzing data and using intuition.
6. Corporalita –Body-mind fitness is essential to coping with the everyday stress associated with business. Learning to manage stress and keeping healthy is important to sustainability.
7. Connessione – Leonardo da Vinci always made connections that other people aren’t seeing. This type of thinking allows investors to use one resource and connect it with another to gain results.
Leonardo da Vinci was a genius in his age and to get an insight to his thinking allows us to imitate and embody the principles he lived by. Being a success that he was, we can use what he left us and mold it to accommodate the patterns of the modern world when it comes to managing finances, investing, and saving up for retirement.