iPods are a hot topic these days for banks to give away as part of their promotions. That is why we have made you a list of each bank giving Free iPods for signing up with them.
Whether it is for checking account promotions or for other banking promotions many banks are giving away iPods instead of money as incentive to sign up.
The iPod Touch seems to be the most popular item to give away. We have seen iPod Shuffles and iPod Nanos given away by banks as well. It seems to me that iPod free giveaways would attracted some people much more than cash would. The reason, I believe, is the same reason some people would much rather open a gift on their birthday than get a card with cash.
When banks pay you cash most of the time they simply deposit it into your account and that is the end of it. You never receive anything, you do not get to open anything and all in all it is kind of boring. But if they send you an iPod Touch you get it in the mail and you are excited to open it and start playing with it. It just seems more exciting and plus it is a great reminder to the consumer that the bank sent you this great gift.
Personally I would rather receive an iPod. If I got $200 cash it would just get lost in the shuffle and end up being used to pay some bill or go out to dinner and a movie.
So here are some of the top iPod Bank Promotional Giveaways: (We will continue to update this list. If you know of more iPod promotions please let us know in the comments.)
- Bank of the West iPod Checking Account Promotion: This is a pretty simple promotion to qualify for. All you need to do is use your new debit card 20 times and that is enough. 20 small purchases is enough. I called and spoke with Bank of the West about this promotion and the gentleman on the line told said, “You could eat off the McDonalds dollar menu 20 times.”
- Free iPod Touch with Bank of Greene County: For this particular promotion you need to sign up for direct deposit and use your debit card twice.
- Free iPod Shuffle with American Community Bank: Get a 2 GB or 4 GB iPod Shuffle with ACB. Not too difficult to get approved for. Different levels of checking accounts get different giveaways.
- KeyBank Free iPod Touch Promotion: (Expired) KeyBank is offering a free iPod Touch for those who open a new checking account from now until June 30th. Update: Even though this promotion has expired those that opened an account still have until 10-1-10 to meet all the requirements.
- Please let us know in the comments of more iPod or iPad bank giveaways.
You can checkout our cash bank promotions on our checking account specials page.