If you are poor credit and have tried to qualify for a credit card you know that it can be a difficult process. Poor credit can earn you many denials from credit card companies.
If you have poor credit you need to come to grips with the fact that you are not going to get good credit cards until you rebuild your credit score.
Orchard Bank (HSBC) offers a credit card which is easy to qualify and made specifically for people that are trying to take their credit score from,
“This Score Sucks!” to “Wow, that good.”
This card is also featured in our top starter credit cards.
It can seem like building your credit can take forever, but trust me it can fix up real fast.
Quick Personal Story:
I remember a few years back I had a Washington Mutual (now Chase) credit card with about a $1,200 balance. Well I paid that card off, but when the banker gave me the total payoff she didn’t include the $11.02 interest that had accrued for half the month I hadn’t paid for yet.
Assuming the card was completely paid off I went on my merry way. Well about 6 months later I discovered my (half the bankers fault) folly, and along with that folly came a 30 day late, 60 day late, 90 day late and two 120 day late payments on my credit.
My credit dropped from the 700 range to the low/mid 600’s. I went to the bank to see if they could help me out. They were pleasant and seemingly helpful, but could not remove the late payments. To my surprise after being extremely diligent with my credit, my score was back up in the 700 range in about 4 or 5 months.
So all that to say… You can rebuild your credit quickly.
Here are a few of the details from the HSBC offer:
- An excellent credit card for help rebuilding credit scores; reports to 3 major credit bureaus monthly!
- Acceptance at millions of locations worldwide, including website purchases and reservations
- Your account information is updated and at your fingertips 24/7 so you can manage it your way
- Email and text messages are available to remind you of your upcoming payment due date
- On-call customer service representatives to assist you with questions or concerns