Here is a list of the best CD (certificate of deposit) rates to the residents of Portland, Oregon. We have posted the rates in the form of 6 month CDs, 12 month CDs and 24 month CDs. After going through many local banks and credit unions serving the city of Portland as well as most of Oregon we have found that rates provided within Portland may be slightly higher than the national averages.
CD rates are time sensitive in nature and are constantly changing, so be sure to check with the date of this article for accuracy. You can always check our CD Rates page for the most up to date CDs available nationwide.
How we came up with this information:
As it is known, the highest CD rates are available to the longer maturities and since we did not want to post the best CD rates, we wanted to give our readers options. Also some of the highest CD rates require much larger deposits, therefore we wanted these rates to be obtainable for the majority of our readers.
Highest 6 Month CD Rates In Portland, Oregon:
- Providence Health System Federal Credit Union – 6 month CD yields (currently the highest 6 month CD rate) of 2.96% APY with a minimum deposit of $1,000.
- Pacific West Bank (Lake Oswego, OR) – a promotional 7 month CD yields 1.75% APY with a minimum deposit of $5,000.
- Frontier Bank – 6 month CD yields 1.65% APY with a minimum deposit of $500.
Highest 12 Month CD Rates In Portland, Oregon:
- Pacific West Bank – a promotional 13 month CD yields 2.25% APY with a minimum deposit of $5,000.
- Frontier Bank – 12 month CD yields 2.05% APY with a minimum deposit of $500.
- HomeStreet Bank – 12 month CD yields 2.0% APY with a minimum deposit of $500.
Highest 24 Month CD Rates In Portland, Oregon:
- Hudson City Savings Bank – 24 month CD yields 2.50% APY with a minimum deposit of $5,000. This is a national institution and will accept deposits nationwide.
- Washington Federal Savings and Loan Association – 24 month CD yields 2.50% APY with a minimum deposit of $500.
- Pacific Continental Bank (Vancouver, WA) – 24 month CD yields 2.47% APY with a minimum deposit of $1,000.
All of these banks and credit unions are federally insured by either the FDIC or the NCUA. Be sure to check the current status of these banks and credit unions and never deposit any money with a bank that is not federally insured. If you live in Portland Oregon or anywhere in the state of Oregon and know of better CD rates from your local bank, then please let us know.