Looking for a checking account that offers high interest? Consumers Credit Union is offering a high interest of 4.09% APY on their Free Checking Account. An interest rate as high as that is difficult to come by, even with long term certificates of deposit. So for those who want to take advantage of high interest on their regular checking account, here are the details of the promotion:
The 4.09% Interest is available today until June 30, 2012. Aside from this generous rate, you also won’t have to worry about paying any administrative or ATM fees. Below is the list of their available rates and tiers:
* 4.09% APY for accounts with a maximum of $10,000 that meet qualification requirements.
* 0.56% APY for deposits between $10,000 and $25,000 that meet qualification requirements.
* 0.35% APY* for balances over $25,000.00 that meet qualification requirements.
* 0.01% APY* for members whose qualification requirements are not met.
It seems that the better rates are only given to those who satisfy their requirements. So what exactly are these?
* completion of 12 debit/check point of sale purchases without using your PIN
* one direct deposit, one pay one bill or ACH debit with the use of Consumer Credit Union’s free online billing system
* use of online banking at least once every month
* enrolling in online eStatements
If it happens that you can’t meet all four requirements stated above, you may still avail of free online banking and free online bills payment.
Benefits Of Free Checking:
Even if you can’t comply with all the requirements, there are a lot of good things that Free Checking can offer you. First, there is no minimum balance required and no ATM fees. You also get to have a free Visa Debit Card, free mobile banking, free online banking and bills payment, and free eStatements. Plus you also get unlimited check writing. Overdraft privileges are also offered protecting you from overdraft charges.
Who Can Apply?
Anyone can apply for this free checking account. Even those who already have accounts with Consumers Credit Union. Non members may also join by paying a one-time fee of only $5.
About Consumer Credit Union
The credit union is located in Lake County, Illinois and has no membership requirements. It was established back in 1930 and is also insured by the NCUA.
For those who are still looking for a great free checking account, then now may be the time to get one especially with the incredibly high interest rate they offer. The sooner you apply, the more time your money can grow.