Student loans are becoming an increasingly heavy financial burden on young American adults. This can be even more of a financial disaster early on in life if young people do not really understand what they are getting into. Most of the time because of their youth and inexperience, they can jump into loans without really understanding the ramifications of their decisions. Even if students know the importance of educating themselves financially with regards to student loans, most of them don’t really take the time to read about it. This is where Financial IQ Webinars from Great Lakes come in.
Great Lakes or mygreatlakes.org is a student loan servicer that offers free online webinars that educates students on various financial literacy topics. Webinars are about one hour long, which is just about enough to hold a student’s attention. Below are the categories that Great Lakes have to offer:
* Student Loan Repayment Smarts – This webinar teaches how students can plan to repay their loans by knowing who they owe, how much, and different repayment plans they can use.
* Money Smarts – This teaches how to be wise with money while featuring easy steps they can do right now.
* Credit Smarts – This educates students on different types of credit and debit, helping them understand what they should apply for.
* Credit Rating Smarts – This helps students understand how to protect, improve and manage their credit score while the slate is still clean.
* Tax Smarts – One of the basic things students must know is understanding their tax advantages to gain them great financial benefits.
* Identity Smarts – Every year, 10 million Americans suffer from identity theft. By learning about it, students can refrain from being a victim.
All of these sessions are presented by Accredited Financial Counselors and aside from the one hour lecture session, it also includes a question and answer portion.
Below are the upcoming sessions and their schedules:
October 21 at 1:00 pm Central Time
October 28 at 1:00 pm Central Time
Credit Card Smarts
November 4 at 1:00 pm Central Time
November 11 at 1:00 pm Central Time
Student Loan Repayment- Everything You Need To Know
December 7 at 3:00 pm Central Time
December 9 at 1:00 pm Central Time
Register to these sessions now, these one hour lectures just might help you save a few thousand dollars in the future.