Certificate of deposit rates certainly have been slow in increasing their APYs lately. No significant changes have been made in the leaderboard, although California First Bank has recently notched a bit higher with their current rate offer.
How the Rates Compare
CalFirst Bank’s best CD offer comes form their 1-year term. Although it lags far behind Doral Bank and KeySource Bank’s equivalent 1.15% APY, it certainly is ahead of some notable companies such as Virtual Bank and Discover Bank.
This maturity period is perfect for a short-term investment, without taking a big risk. And because you know that their current rate is competitive, you know you’ll end up with one of the best offers in CD rates today.
CalFirst Bank’s other CD rates fare less better than their 1-year term. For example, the APY for the 3-month maturity is fixed only at 0.40%, while a 6-month term is at 0.55%. If you look at this on a national level, the best 6-month rate offer comes from AloStar and KeySource Bank. Both are offering a 0.85% APY. The best 3-month term is being offered by E-Loan, with its 0.65% APY.
CalFirst also offers 2-year and 3-year terms. The APY for the former is fixed at 1.06%, while the latter is priced at 1.15% APY.
Nevertheless, most people find that the best CD deal comes from a 1-year term. If you think this is best for you, here’s how you can apply for a CalFirst CD account:
1. Fill up the online application form with the necessary data.
2. Once done, pass the application form by clicking the submit button.
3. CalFirst will need to review your application. This may take a few hours or days.
4. Once you’ve been approved, CalFirst will send you a new account opening kit through snail mail.
5. When you receive your kit, you will find several forms for you to review. A signature card is also included for you to sign once you’ve gone over everything.
6. Send back the forms through the enclosed postage envelope included in the package.
7. As for the opening deposit, you may send a check along with the documents.
8. For further inquiries regarding the process, you may log in to their website and direct your questions to the number they provided for customer concerns.
These easy-to-follow steps and great rates make your investment truly worthy – only from CalFirst Bank.